Our client, a well-known global force in the EPC and O&M renewable energy industry is in search of an O&M Technical Manager to oversee numerous teams who are performing O&M activities on various wind farms throughout South Africa.
If you are the perfect fit for this role you will exhibit a tremendous knowledge and deep passion for wind turbine technologies. Furthermore your knowledge of the varying technologies will be so detailed that you will understand even the most intricate aspects of specific turbines here in South Africa, which will enable for optimum performance of the plant and teams of technicians.
Your responsibilities will include and not be limited to; managing and upskilling teams, creating schedules, optimization of plant performance and thus profitability, asset management, implementing O&M processes and procedures, ensuring H&S requirements are met, troubleshooting, and reporting and liaising with the various stakeholders. In addition you will have a good understanding of legal requirements within the REIPPP. You will use your solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills, coupled with great intuitive nature to identify issues before they arise and quickly address them.
This exciting role will be office based however it shall require you to travel nationally as you ensure the success of your departmental requirements. Our client is looking for the best and most knowledgeable wind O&M Technical Manager in South Africa (and ideally this person will have international wind energy experience prior to the REIPP) and if you are him/her we look forward to presenting a fantastic opportunity to you.
- Electrical Degree (BSc. Eng, B Tech, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a management role, and or senior performance engineering role (with supervision over various teams)
- Proven ability to work with plant SCADA process control systems essential
- Must have proven turbine maintenance and operations experience (international experience is highly advantageous)
- H&SE certificate or similar is highly beneficial
- Proven ability and experience with HV electrical safety procedures
- Proven experience with O&M – MV switchgear/circuit breakers/ protective relay systems/HV transformers and switching
- R1.2 million CTC + market related