Sponsored by the Dramatic, Artistic and Literary Rights Organisation (DALRO) and Nedbank Arts Affinity, the Arts & Culture Trust’s Scholarships Programme is aimed at learners in their final year of secondary education who wish to pursue undergraduate studies in the performing arts. Individuals between 18 and 25 who are not considered to be professional and who are not registered for an undergraduate course during the year of participation are also eligible.
Participants are required to demonstrate competence in three disciplines – acting, singing and dancing – with exceptional talent in at least one of the disciplines. Three performing arts Scholarships to the value of R 150,000, R 105,000 and R 60,000 are awarded and winners are at liberty to select their preferred performing arts course at any accredited South African tertiary institution.
Auditions will take place in the following regions as follow:
- 30 June and 1 July: Durban (KwaZulu-Natal)
- 3 and 4 July: Cape Town (Western Cape)
- 6, 7 and 8 July: Port Elizabeth (Eastern Cape)
- 15 July: Pretoria (Gauteng)
- 16 and 17 July: Johannesburg (Gauteng)
- 23 July: Kimberley (Northern Cape)
- 25 July: Bloemfontein (Free State)
- 28 July: Potchefstroom (North West)
- 30 July: Witbank (Mpumalanga)
- 01 August: Polokwane (Limpopo)
Six finalists will be selected. They will be required to showcase their talents at the final round of the programme on 12 October 2015 hosted by The Market Theatre. The registration closing date is 31 May 2015.