bidorbuy.co.za, South Africa’s largest online marketplace, is offering internship positions to graduates with enthusiasm and confidence to fill the role of Category Administrator.
Location: The position is based in Bryanston, Johannesburg.
Duration: 12 months.
Aim: To provide interns with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience, thus becoming more employable for prospective future employers. Training will be provided, as well as support and mentoring as needed throughout the year.
Should you not hear from us within 14 working days, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for driving the business within a particular category group on bidorbuy.co.za, as if it were your own online marketplace. This includes:
- Conception and execution of a business plan for those categories.
- Growing the base of buyers and sellers for those categories.
- Expanding the content related to those categories.
- Managing online and offline marketing for those categories.
- Online and offline marketing.
- Public Relations.
- Google Adwords campaigns.
- Category Management.
- Content Management.
- Affiliate Programme Management.
- Accountability for revenue and expenses for those categories.
- Developing industry knowledge and consumer trends of those categories, and an understanding of competitive positioning, bidorbuy’s value proposition for sellers and buyers, and the dynamics within that marketplace on bidorbuy.
- Developing business insights through regular reporting and analysis.
- Building relationships around niche interest groups and initiating participation in events related to those categories.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A completed tertiary qualification in Commerce, with Marketing or Business Management (an Honours degree would be an advantage), or a PDM degree.
- Proven, strong written and oral communication skills – will be demonstrated with both customers and senior executives.
- Results focused, with the ability to set deadlines and deliver timeously on them.
- A high degree of self motivation and initiative.
- Lateral and creative thinking.
- Ability to build solid professional relationships with all stakeholders, including prospective buyers and sellers, partners, colleagues and suppliers.
- Have a keen interest in the Internet, Marketing and Business.
- Have a passion for a particular category or group of categories on bidorbuy. (For example, photography, jewellery, or computers)
- Energetic, and flexible personality.
- Be prepared to network, wherever possible, with various interest groups insofar as attending social / club meetings in the areas of the categories you’ll be responsible for, understanding that such meetings could take place after hours.
- Your role will require you to do a degree of travel.
- Own reliable transport is required
Closing date for applications 20 June 2015 APPLY NOW