Groupon, launched in November 2008 in Chicago, features a daily deal on the best stuff to do, eat, see and buy in more than 500 markets, 48 countries with a staff compliment of over 14,000 employees around the world. Groupon uses collective buying power to offer unbeatable prices and provide a win-win for businesses and consumers, delivering more than 400 daily deals globally. Groupon has been hailed a web phenomenon for the way it is changing the way merchants market themselves around the world. By utilising the power of group buying along with other innovative marketing techniques to drive huge brand awareness, Groupon is able to drive massive amounts of sales for both merchants and brands.
Groupon is currently the fastest growing e-commerce company in history and considered in the top five in the world in terms of innovation. Since launching in South Africa in the end of January 2011, Groupon SA in now operating in 6 cities across the country. With some fantastic success stories: Groupon launched Windows 8 for Microsoft, we launched the latest Skip product for Unilever, partnered up with Ster Kinekor, Ratanga Junction, uShaka Marine World and many other SME’s and larger corporations. As the Largest e-commerce website in South Africa we have won the e-commerce award in 2012 and the Best Mobile Site for 2013 at the SA E-Commerce Awards!!
This is only the beginning of what Groupon has achieved, with so much more still to come. For an incredible career opportunity, join Groupon- leaders in online marketing. It makes sense that the best place to begin or further your career, is with the company that other businesses are striving towards.
The purpose of this position is to develop new business and maintain existing business with suppliers across South Africa, to achieve sales targets and maximise sales revenue opportunities through maintaining partner relationships.
- Creatively identify new businesses/partners/suppliers to be featured, expanding the range of offers for products for our subscribers.
- Expand client base through cold calling, cold canvassing, client referrals or any innovative sales processes
- Maximise sales revenue opportunities and minimise controllable losses
- Organize meetings with prospective businesses, negotiating attractive offers for our subscribers.
- Present Groupon as the unique opportunity for businesses to use as a platform for their stock
- Achieve revenue and profit targets through consultative sales.
- Market and business acumen knowledge essential.
- Proactively seek out new opportunities whilst maintaining relationships with established clients to build and maintain a portfolio of preferred partners.
- Presents ideas effectively, by delivering presentations suited to the diverse needs of the audience.
Qualifications and minimum job requirements:
- Matric or equivalent
- Experience in a buyer role – sporting, kids, health and beauty prefered
- Sales experience in a fast paced industry
- Marketing/Business/Sales Diploma/Degree would be an advantage
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- High standard of communication and presentation skills
- Keeps commitments to customers and responds to customers concerns with a sense of urgency and follow-through
- Ensure efficient co-ordination of activities in order to meet objectives
- Manage time efficiently in order to achieve daily call rates, targets and deadlines
- Ability to apply an intelligent sales pitch
- Self-motivation, flexibility and ability to sell at all decision-making levels
- Cold calling and lead generation
- Presenting, negotiating, and closing deals
- Excellent track record of sales
- Best practice in sales
- Planning and professionally preparing a potential deal before visting potential partners
- Understanding of contractual contracts and agreements
- Knowledge of market, trends and business acumen
- Overarching desire to become an integral part of the fastest growing e-commerce company in history
What Groupon has to offer?
Groupon offers a competitive salary and we ensure that all our sales teams are equipped with the necessary IT assets so that they can work anywhere and at any time. All our permanent team members are eligible to join our subsidised medical aid scheme, our pension fund and we are insured against Death in Service, Disability in Service. We also offer a Funeral policy for you and your immediate dependents.
Above all, we offer a high energy, progressive place to work where the sky is the limit and you are given true opportunity to grow.
Posted on 30 Jun 13:37 APPLY NOW