|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
|Job policy:||Employment Equity position|
|Type:||Contract 1 year|
We are looking for a passionate, driven individual to join our design support team. You will work with the programme manager to implement a range of design-related projects:
- Engage with companies to understand how design can be used to improve what they do, and build design teams to carry out design interventions.
- Work with the public sector to demonstrate how design can be used to create better services.
- Convene various fora – bringing together stakeholders to strengthen the design ecosystem.
- Host talks, seminars and other events.
- Implement projects related to design education, from primary and high school through to tertiary level.
- Work on the creation of relevant materials, case studies and research.
- Assist the programme manager with project administration.
- You have a relevant tertiary degree, preferably in design (or social science, social innovation and project management) with at least five years professional experience.
- You have a good knowledge of the local design industry.
- You have experience in design thinking and user-centered design, and have a thorough understanding of the design process.
- You work well in a team and have great interpersonal skills.
- You have excellent time and project management skills.
- You are able to work independently and in a team, in a diverse & challenging environment.
- You are a creative, resourceful and entrepreneurial professional
- You are thorough and pay attention to detail.
- You are a strategic, analytical and creative thinker.
- You are able to engage across all sectors – from non-profit to business and government.
- You are down-to-earth and passionate about making a difference in South Africa.
Posted on 26 Jun 07:33 APPLY NOW