The DECO Online platform is a media outlet for design-conscious users who are passionate about keeping up-to-date with trends in decor, design, food, lifestyle and travel. The position is based in Johannesburg and the candidate will report directly to the editor of Elle Decoration. The ideal candidate must have outstanding writing and social media skills, a keen interest in design and decor, be highly efficient, motivated and reliable.
• Coordinate the daily production of content for the website and social media.
• Optimise print content for online.
• Oversee and ensure that DECO online platforms meet requirements by ensuring quality and editorial consistency.
• Brainstorm and present ideas for the website.
• Assist in feeding the print team with design and décor related ideas, news, profiles.
• Assist with the commissioning of contributors, as well as the copy editing of their work.
• Work closely with other editors on editorial and social media planning.
• Interact with sales team with regard to digital advertising and advertorial production.
• Write features for print when required and source pictures for layouts.
• Work with the designer in the preparation of headers, moodboards, etc. for online.
• Keep to strict deadlines.
• Organise and participate in planning meetings.
• Liaise with clients when necessary.
• Attend industry related events on behalf of ELLE DECO.
ELLE Decoration is a bi-monthly title that falls under Isiko Media Ltd which includes other titles including ELLE, Longevity and Stuff.
• Tertiary qualification in Journalism/Media studies and/or at least three years’ experience in journalism.
• Working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, style and spelling.
• Familiar with basic SEO practices.
• Familiar with social media best practices and outlets such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+
• Speed and confidence
• Decisive insight
• Initiating action
• The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Attention to detail.
Posted on 10 Mar 12:11