Food Intern: Highbury Media
Highbury Media (Pty) Ltd is SA’s largest independent magazine and digital publishing company responsible for some of the country’s best-performing titles. We are currently looking for a food intern for our food department.
Are you passionate about food? Do you want to learn about food styling? Have you gone to culinary school? Are you the kind of person that wakes up excited to eat breakfast? Do you live to eat? Then this is the position for you.
We look after a variety of award-winning magazines, ranging from focusing on full-blown delicious food trends to budget meals,fitness-inspired food and living a healthy life. We create all the food content and it is pure excitement.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Food preparation on shoots
- Food shopping and pantry upkeep
- Assist with planning and prepping food shoots
- Responsible for kitchen schedule
- Keeping up to date with food trends
- Collecting and dropping off props
- Content research and brainstorming
- Tracking invoices and learning how to deal with budgets
- Work with food stylists and photographers to gain experience in the field
- Opportunity to style stock shoots
- The ideal candidate will be curious, with enthusiasm for generating food-related ideas
- This position reports to the junior food editor
- Culinary background or culinary school diploma
- Organised and able to work on different tasks at one time
- Eager to learn and a self-motivated person
- Able to work in a high paced deadline driven environment on various platforms
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and own car.
Location: Cape Town