The main purpose of this position is to be the primary academic liaison between GetSmarter and the University of Cape Town’s College of Accounting for the postgraduate accounting programmes. This person will also provide oversight of the curriculum design and development of the programme as well as operational and project lead oversight of key Education team members assigned to work on College of Accounting projects. In addition, this person will provide a single point of contact for the College of Accounting on any matters relating to Postgraduate Programmes.
GetSmarter is a premier online education company that partners with prestigious universities and leading organisations to offer a variety of online courses and education solutions.
- Manage relationship with College of Accounting and provide strategic insight into portfolio of programmes.
- Oversee project development to ensure course is delivered according to agreed timelines.
- Manage the operational and academic requirements of GetSmarter as they relate to College of Accounting programmes.
- Ensure exceptional academic quality of programmes run with the College of Accounting.
- Act as a direct line manager to key education team members who are assigned to work on College of Accounting projects.
- Sign off on curriculum design decisions and quality assure the work of direct reports.
- Provide strategic guidance on academic content development between GetSmarter and College of Accounting.
- Oversee academic staff responsibilities on all College of Accounting programmes during course presentation.
- UCT PostGraduate Diploma in Accounting Graduate.
- Preferably completed Academic Articles at the UCT College of Accounting.
- Completed training contract at reputable article firm.
- Registered CA (SA).
- Previous experience in academics, tertiary education, developing/ moderating academic material and assessments would be beneficial.
- Preferably studying towards CFA.
Job specific competencies
- Interest in accounting education.
- Interest in online education, online technology and online learning.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and able to multitask.
- Effective time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 26 Mar 15:40