Our client in Cape Town is looking for a Java application developer – Team lead with five+ year’s recent development experience. Formal qualification is a plus, experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable applications and strong OO development skills in core Java. SQL, relational database design and JDBC, preferably with MySQL; Strong JVM configuration and tuning experience; Java Server Pages (JSP); Inter-process communications using TCP/IP sockets.
- Five+ year’s recent development experience. Formal qualification is a plus.
- Exposure to the full software life cycle.
- Experience developing high performance, scalable, reliable applications.
- Proven experience meeting deadlines and delivering quality code.
- Proven experience leading a development team.
- Proven track record of implementing best practises and driving software direction and policies that have a positive impact on the team.
- Strong OO development skills in core Java.
- Multithreaded, stand alone server application development.
- Inter-process communications using TCP/IP sockets.
- SQL, relational database design and JDBC, preferably with MySQL.
- Strong JVM configuration and tuning experience.
- Practical knowledge of design patterns that add real business value.
- Java Server Pages (JSP).
- Experience in at least one other development language.
- Experience developing for high availability and high burst loads.
- Java on Linux.
Following skills are a bonus, not a requirement:
- Java ME.
- FireFly, Glassfish, spring, caraf or OSGI framework.
- Communications protocols.
- Test driven development (TDD).
- C++, Delphi, PHP or other language experience.
- System skills.
- Solid Linux, with bash scripting experience.
- Solid version control systems – CVS/SVN/GIT.
- CentOS/Fedora/RHEL (Bonus).
- Redmine, Jira, trello or other issue tracking experience.
Attributes: Applicant must be able to lead a small team within a dynamic and ambitious environment.Well spoken with good interpersonal communication skills.Positive and motivated attitude.Applicant has a strong ethos of writing high quality applications they are proud of.Strong problem-solving skills.Team player with genuine interest in technology.Can work with little supervision, proactive and takes on responsibility for code and applications developed.Ability to work in a high pressure environment and meet agreed deadlines.While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://datafin.com. DataFin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 06 Jul 16:29 APPLY NOW