|Remuneration:||Cost to company|
HSM is looking for a copy editor to join its editorial team. The successful candidate will be working on a range of lifestyle magazines, within a team of experienced copy editors.
Please note only applicants with a minimum of two years’ experience in the magazine publishing industry will be considered. Shortlisted candidates will also be required to complete an editing test.
Candidates should be proficient in the following areas:
• Correcting factual and language errors
• Ensuring appropriate style and tone
• Ensuring all copy is reader-friendly (easy to understand and a pleasure to read)
• Localising copy where necessary
• Avoiding repetition, tautology, inconsistencies and contradictions
• Writing catchy headers, blurbs and cover lines
• Helping to maintain the editorial standard of excellence
• Editing and proofreading layouts
• Trimming copy to fit layouts
• Writing additional copy where necessary.
• Be able to communicate effectively with editors, art directors, designers and repro artists
• Be proactive and self-disciplined, and work well in a team
• Be able to work accurately and professionally under deadline pressure
• Have a good general knowledge and be able to handle copy on a wide variety of topics
• Be proficient in InDesign and the Mac operating system
• Be able to use the internet as a research tool in a critical and informed manner.
Posted on 05 Jun 15:25 APPLY NOW