An financial investment company in Cape Town is looking for a junior equity analyst with a B.Com, B.Bus.Sci, Property Studies, MBA, postgraduate math’s or science, at least two years relevant working experience within the financial services industry, CFA would be advantageous and proven enthusiasm and passion for investments.
- To conduct thorough and rigorous financial analysis of the relevant companies listed in the property sector of the JSE in order to value them and make sound investment decisions. This goes beyond financial statement analysis and includes issues relating to responsible investment principles.
- To conduct in-depth industry analysis and monitor the sector on an ongoing basis.
- To make clear investment recommendations which demonstrate conviction, clarity of thought and thorough analysis and provide an insight into the share which is not readily available in the market place.
- To update and effectively use internal and external software systems and models for the capturing and analysis of property companies and to maintain the integrity of the relevant research data on a continuous basis.
- To assist in the compilation of sector reports.
- This role may include involvement in managing a portfolio of Unit Trust and Segregated Client Funds depending on the person appointed.
- Ability to think, analyse and value on the basis of long-term and normalized income and value drivers.
Create and deliver client, sales and in-house presentations.
- B.Com, B.Bus.Sci, Property Studies, MBA, postgraduate math’s or science.
- At least two years relevant working experience within the financial services industry.
- CFA would be advantageous.
- Well-developed modelling skills.
- Proven enthusiasm and passion for investments.
- An ability to synthesize a large mass of economic, industry and company information, and to effectively analyse this and formulate an investment rationale.
- The ability to learn new valuation techniques and systems and implement them effectively.
- Willingness to travel (minimal).
- Decision making
- Gaining commitment
- Initiating action
- Team orientation
- Technical knowledge
- Risk analysis
- Thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Building relationships
- Advanced Excel
- Financial modelling
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to email@example.com and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://datafin.com. DataFin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 14 Jul 12:07 APPLY NOW