Vacancies exist for Junior Porters at Life Rosepark Hospital, Bloemfontein reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor, William Britz. The successful candidates will be part of a professional team that is continuously striving for the highest standards of quality in healthcare.
- To assist the nursing staff with transporting patients in the hospital, with beds or trolleys in a professional and friendly manner.
- Moving of equipment between theatres.
- Assisting patients with wheelchairs to doctor’s rooms, x-ray department and other departments for examinations and treatment.
- Taking patient related documents between departments within the hospital.
- Distributing theatre lists daily and taking of census lists to all the departments for updating.
- Performance of any other patient related, non nursing tasks assigned to the porter by the Line Manager.
- Matric is a pre-requisite, yet not essential.
- Must have relevant experience as a porter in a private hospital environment.
- Proven record of excellent communication skills and professionalism is essential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal relationships and be able to liaise with the doctor’s rooms.
- Experience in dealing with customers and focus on customer excellence is essential.
- The ability to work in a constantly changing environment is required.
- Must be able to work day and night duty.
- Must be part of the dynamic hospital team.
Closing Date: 20 March 2015