A leading online retail company in Cape Town is looking for a lead designer with Degree/Diploma in design or related field and or tertiary qualification in visual design, three to four years’ experience working in a similar role and managing a team and good working knowledge of HTML.
- Visual positioning of the brand.
- Design of all key customer facing design elements on and off site.
- Sign off on all treatments of our brand across all media touchpoints.
- External vendor management manage all design related work that is outsourced to 3rd parties.
- Design project management ensure KPI’s and deadlines for designers are met.
- Lead and coordinate design teams efforts.
- Mentor and develop design team.
- Ensure a consistent and high quality of design output.
- Set the overall weekly workflow of the design team and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Review the design teams work and ensure the quality of the work is suitably high
- Reject poor quality work, mentor and develop the designers.
- Work with the CMO on all major marketing initiatives which require design work and complete the design work in a timely fashion.
- Work with head of customer experience on all required website designs.
- Take responsibility for the management of tasks briefed from the CMO, and drive them to completion in a timeous fashion.
- Marshall cross department resources where necessary to get design projects implemented.
- Proactively and on an on-going basis identify design improvement opportunities and push them through.
- Ensure creative is kept fresh and up to date.
- Manage briefs that come in from other departments and from within the marketing team and allocate working work accordingly.
- Degree/Diploma in design or related field and or tertiary qualification in visual design.
- Three to four years’ experience working in a similar role and managing a team.
- Expert working knowledge of Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Good working knowledge of HTML.
- Strong team leadership and collaboration skills.
- Proven success at managing multiple projects, schedules and resources.
- Strong employee assessment and mentoring skills.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://datafin.com. DataFin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 11 Aug 11:24