Livity Africa is an innovative, fast-growing company that believes every young person should have a voice and a vocation. Through groundbreaking work with partners including Google and the IAB, Livity Africa helps thousands of young people every year realise their potential in media, politics, digital skills and creative industries, amongst others.
We are looking to hire a vibrant and motivated Project Assistant for our innovative and every growing digital marketing training programme, Digify.
1. Assist project manager in the recruitment of 15 young participants every three months and sticking to recruitment processes.
2. Manage trainees’ contribution to the Digify social media platforms.
3. Regularly contribute content to the Digify website content.
4. Ensuring every participant is fully engaged and supported throughout their time in the programme. Submit monthly reports to project manager detailing the progress of each trainee.
5. Enforcing basic principles of the MOU with each trainee, including day-to-day management of the trainees.
6. Organise and record regular one-on-ones with each trainee, to set out and track personal and career objectives and make sure we are doing everything we can to support them.
7. Managing ‘after care’ process of supporting the interns in their paid placements and flagging any issues to the project Manager.
8. Work with the Project Managers to co-ordinate trainers and tutors in the weekly schedule of activity.
9. Flagging any issue (personal/discipline) that needs extra support or input – or an external referral – to the Project manager.
10. Coordinating introductory and exit video and written interviews for new and leaving trainees.
11. Working with account exec and project manager to make sure trainees have the right equipment, transport (including managing a monthly transport budget) and that the team are signing items in and out properly.
12. Assist project manager in organising the trainees’ interview schedule with potential employers.
13. Managing all day to day admin and database maintenance, including recording progress of trainees post-placement, and assisting PM with measuring outputs and outcomes.
Livity Africa is a youth agency, the people behind the authentic youth platforms, Live SA and the VIP Campaign, as well as digital marketing training programme, Digify. Our ambition is to become the go-to company and platform to influence and engage South African young people. Our organisation is a unique combination of publisher, agency and academy that combines the power of youth-created digital media, marketing and community engagement with an unswerving commitment to improving young people’s influence and opportunity in society.
– Attention to detail
– Strong administrative and organisational skills
– Must be able to work well within a team
– Must be passionate about young people and supportive of their development
– Excellent time management skills
– Basic computer and digital skills
– An ability to cope effectively under pressure
– A passion for digital media and marketing
Posted on 16 Jul 15:58 APPLY NOW