Our client, SA’s trendiest online store, is looking for an executive creative director (ECD) to craft and implement their creative vision through continuous innovation. You will be working in close partnership with the style, production and marketing directors to continuously evolve, define and communicate the brand’s voice, style and identity. This role will help expand the influence and impact of the team in the company, and strengthen executional excellence.
Some of the things you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the editors and style director to define the brand identity and create, maintain and clearly articulate the art and design brand guidelines. Support the translation of this vision for all creative content including mobile, desktop, video, emails, PR shoots, branding, social, advertising, promotions, magazine, commercial and new channels as they develop.
- Always pushing the boundaries of design to excite the customer through the visual articulation of the brand proposition across each territory whilst maintaining brand credibility.
- Work with the creative, editorial, styling and buying teams to define the approach to commissioning photographers, stylists and cast models in line with the vision. Use industry contacts to bring the best of the industry to work and collaborate with the brand.
- Be plugged into youth culture and global trends, you will ensure the brand is always setting the benchmark and staying deep within our fashion-focused youth target market.
- Leading and coaching a large team of creatives in the development of art direction, typography and graphic language seasonally, developing multi-channel style guides.
- Provide inspiration and direction for the teams in regular creative sessions.
- Develop and maintain high creative standards, brand guidelines, critical paths, content management and social media strategies.
- Generate ideas that will develop our brand further.
- Push the creative boundaries to the limits.
- Ability to follow briefs independently and manage the process to completion.
- Develop the design team’s personal skills through mentoring, setting goals and teaching.
You will also develop and manage all creative content, including:
- Retouching/image editing
- Concept development, mocking up and presenting
- Graphic design
- Image sourcing
- Gif design
- Strong graphics, typography, digital, mobile and video design experience
- Strong experience in fashion magazine design, layout and art direction
- Experience mentoring a team with different levels of experience
- Graphic design degree/diploma or similar discipline.
- Seven+ years’ experience in online/print magazine/agency.
- Strong influencing skills, articulate and confident presenter
- Understands how an online business uses data to continuously inform the experience and proposition
- UX/UI and web design experience.
- Expert experience in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and all aspects of typography
- Creative and strategic thinker, on trend with a passion for design.
- Genuine passion and experience for youth culture including fashion, music, events, people.
- A solid understanding of online visual merchandising and digital media.
- Systems and process driven
- Must be able to lead a team, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Committed and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong in fashion and youth culture is advantageous
Some other skills needed:
- Strategic thinking
- Decision making
- Problem analysis
- Leading others
- Building teams
- Drive for results
- Stress tolerance
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (with examples of fashion magazine and cover layouts) firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted on 27 Mar 09:59