Russia Government Scholarship for South Africans 2019
Scholarship recipients are required to undertake a preparatory course related to their field of study for one year before before pursuing their degrees studies. Only after passing the examination of the college preparatory course can they start their degree studies. The department of Higher Education and Training is responsible for nomination of this scholarship. Placement of candidates at institutions is done by the Russian Ministry of Science and Education.
- South African citizens in good health
- Have a strong academic record
- Bachelor’s applicants should have a minimum 70% average in their National Senior Certificate
- Postgraduate applicants should have a minimum average of 65% in their previous studies
- Be available to study in Russia from September 2019
- Demonstrated interest in Russia and commitment to the development of South Africa
- Applications in all study fields except medicine will be considered
- Preferably will be given to postgraduate applicants , previously disadvantaged applicants and applicants in the following field:
- Environmental and climate change
- Engineering studies
- Maritime studies
- Natural and Physical Science
- Nuclear and renewable energy
- Space science and technology
Applicant must meet the minimum academic requirements for entry into a similar programme at a South African University.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are expected to complete two application forms:
1)The DHET application form to be emailed with all supporting documents to Internationalscholarships@dhet.gov.za by 27 FEBRUARY 2019
2)The Russian Government application, to be completed online by 27 February 2019
Only applicants who complete both applications can be considered
Applicants must indicate one academic programme and three preferred Russian institutions based on the list provide.