Imagine marketing a brand that embodies all your favourite things, like music, gaming and cool tech? A super funky South African brand is looking for a senior marketing manager to do just that. This is a superb opportunity to align your career with the things that excite you. This fabulous position will require you to develop this fun brand through integrated marketing communications, drive sales and enhance the customer experience. If you’re a marketing guru looking to re-ignite your work passion then this is the job for you!
The ideal candidate is a born leader and sharp decision maker. Your ability to persuade and influence is solid and respected. We are looking for someone who can provide support and is good at co-operating with the team. You love interacting and are a firecracker at presenting while your analytical and interpretation skills are equally strong. Sound like you? Read on…
The successful candidate will be tasked with:
- Developing and delivering the annual Marketing strategy in order to meet the business’ objectives
- Developing the annual promotional calendar and ensuring all campaigns are delivered and meet their objectives
- Managing the alignment of all marketing elements through-the-line
- Managing the marketing budgets cost effectively
- Leading and developing the marketing team – ensuring consistent delivery of tasks
- Building positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining brand integrity and ensuring the impact of all branding decisions are evaluated against the brand strategy.
- Continuously monitoring marketing trends and making recommendations to keep the brand relevant.
- Conducting specific consumer research surveys in order to align marketing communications to consumer needs.
Qualifications and experience:
• Marketing Degree or Diploma (Essential)
• 10 years’ experience in retail Marketing
• Five years’ experience in leading and managing people
• Two to three years’ experience at an advertising agency (Desirable)
Required skills and knowledge
The successful candidate will have:
• Extensive knowledge of principles of marketing
• In-depth knowledge of above the line elements
• Excellent knowledge of below the line elements
• Detailed knowledge of advertising agency processes
• Good understanding and knowledge of digital platforms
• Desirable: Knowledge of print production process
• Proven ability to develop marketing briefs
• Sound communication and presentation skills
• Advanced computer literacy
• People management and leadership skills
• Excellent influencing skills
• Financial and cost control management skills
• Conflict resolution and interpersonal skills
• The ability to deliver in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Viv Gordon Placements (VGP) is a specialist recruitment agency in the advertising, marketing, media, public relations and publishing industries.
Posted on 13 Apr 17:12