The Eskom Bursary Applications are open for the 2016 intake.Eskom will be awarding bursaries to South African learners intending to study in the fields of Engineering, Accounting, Commerce, Communications and Human Resources and who qualify for selection.
The application process will annually on 31 July.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
1. University bursary holder
Prerequisites: Matriculation exemption (or equivalent) and written proof of acceptance for admission by university and faculty
Technical disciplines Exemption with Mathematics 60% /5; Physical Science 60% / 5 & English 50% / 4
For non-technical disciplines average 60% / 5
2. University of technology bursary holder (This bursary is granted only for a maximum of a three year period including P1 and P2 (National Diploma)
Prerequisites: Senior Certificate (or equivalent) and written proof of acceptance for admission by the universities of technology and the department
For technical disciplines Senior Certificate with: Mathematics Core Maths 50%/4 & Physical Science Core Science 50%/4
For non-technical disciplines : Average 50%/4
3. FET bursary holder a learner awarded a bursary under the FET Bursary Scheme to qualify as an artisan
Individuals legible to apply must meet the following requirements:-
- Applicants must be South African citizens with a valid ID number
- National Senior Certificate or equivalent
- Written proof of acceptance for admission by higher education institution
- Applicants must be for full time studies at an accredited South African institution
- Applicants must be willing to undergo an interview and medical examination or health declaration
All scholarship bursaries should be sent to the below address and also be sent to the nearest Eskom office’s post box:
Student Development Department
PO BOX 1091
Closing Date: 31 July
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered