Graphic Design Intern: Global Vision International
GVI is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated graphic design intern to join our dynamic and supportive multidisciplinary marketing team. The role requires strong layout and typography skills, an eagerness to learn and grow, great attention to detail, creativity and be deadline driven.
There will be times in your GVI journey when all staff will be requested to assist with tasks that differ from your formal job description. This is all part of the fun of working here at GVI and if you are up for the challenge we do want to hear from you!
Six-month internship with the possibility of permanent employment thereafter.
- In collaboration with your line manager, you will support various GVI teams, including the marketing team with fresh and innovative design and ideas, while at the same time adhering to the GVI brand guidelines.
- Design a variety of marketing collateral, both print and digital for internal communication, conferences, outreach activities and events. This may include, but not limited to brochures, flyers, displays, social media assets, email marketing, direct mail, branded gear, presentations, advertorials, and more.
- Design a variety of digital assets.
- Repro approved materials for print.
- Contribute to brainstorms with great ideas.
- Image editing and retouching.
- Other duties as agreed with your line manager.
We are a multi-award winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run all our own sustainable development programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
To ensure we are truly having a lasting positive impact, we partner with local governmental and non-governmental organisations on the ground. More than 35,000 participants have either volunteered, interned, or studied abroad with us over the course of our 21 years in operation and most have noted the experience as ‘life-changing.’
Our key management and administrative teams have been based in Westlake for the past five years in the laid-back office space (complete with snack bar and ping-pong table), which we call home. We are a pretty hard working bunch, but we are committed to keeping things light-hearted.
Requirements | Qualifications
The successful applicant will have studied graphic design with a great interest in visual communication at a recognised tertiary education institution.
Requirements | Skills
- Attention to detail
- Great organisational skills
- Sufficient working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud – InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- An interest in video editing and animation is a plus!
- Interpret a creative brief, and come up with a variety of ideas and design options.
- Excellent work ethic and a natural inclination to learn and share your knowledge with others.
- A team player and enjoy working alongside a diverse team of colleagues.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An email, motivating why you would like to grow as a creative at GVI
- Your CV or Resume
- A link to your online portfolio, or PDF portfolio