Print Production Assistant: CWDi
CWDi is looking for a print production (procurement) assistant, someone with a can-do attitude and a shared goal of achieving the best possible end result for our clients.
Our Production Manager needs someone with a can-do attitude to assist her in this busy (labour intensive) department.
Production is a support department to our Marketing and Event teams – and produce all branded collateral that our clients may require.
We’re expecting to employ someone with at least 2 years of similar experience – with a thorough knowledge of the various printing processes – who understands colour, finishes, paper stocks and file types. It’s someone who thrives under the pressure of a busy studio and Production department. We do a lot of in-house digital printing, but also out-source litho, screenprinting, vinyl cut signage, clothing, promotional gifts, etc. the list goes on.
You will need to have great communication skills, both verbal and written – understand the importance of deadlines, managing timelines – and negotiating the best price and quality for our clients.
Daily tasks will include:
- Taking briefs from our project managers and executing on them in a timeous manner
- Requesting quotes from our suppliers
- Negotiating best prices with suppliers
- Quoting our in-house team on various projects
- Hands-on labour – in-house print jobs (printing, cutting, scoring, packing, etc.)
- Researching new suppliers and building relationships with them
- Communication with team members on the status of jobs and meeting deadlines.
- Updating and communicating industry knowledge on products and pricing
- Ensure neatness of the print room
- Management of storeroom and stock
- Maintenance and management of all printing and production equipment
- Assisting with couriers and deliveries
- Manage the supplier database
- Computer literate
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Solid understanding of print settings and terminology (bleed, crop marks, scoring, etc.)
- Understanding of various print methods available.
- Confident with great communication skills
- Hard working – always takes action
- Team player but can work independently
- Takes initiative and is pro-active
- Efficient – meets every deadline
- Attention to detail – takes pride in a perfect end result
Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Read the job description, look around our site and make sure we’re the right fit for you. Email your awesome CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org