The main purpose of this position is to provide assistance in the creation and publication of online materials for various short courses and postgraduate programmes. This role requires attention to detail, as well as the ability to create simple copy, handle administrative tasks as assigned by the Learning Design Specialists, and check and update content when required.
GetSmarter is a premier online education company that partners with prestigious universities and leading organisations to offer a variety of online courses and education solutions.
- Attend informative meetings on behalf of the Learning Design Specialists and provide reports detailing relevant information after the fact.
- Document the minutes of meetings and exercise excellent note-taking skills.
- Create pre-defined course components in line with the Learning Design Plan.
- Research and gather resources in line with project briefs.
- Implement changes to course content as requested.
- Proofread communications and content as required.
- Manage updates to deliverable timelines.
- Review completed graphics against the original brief.
- Review course videos against the original script and insert interactive video functionality where specified.
- Assist with day-to-day administrative tasks, including but not limited to, document and folder management, and scheduling and preparing documentation for meetings.
- Hand over finalised content for upload.
- Conduct a preliminary review of content on the virtual learning environment.
- A University degree in Education, English, Linguistics, Creative Writing or Media Studies is preferred.
- Writing, proofreading and referencing ability.
- Exposure to or a demonstrated interest in education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Mac programs, internet browsers, and Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- A high level of confidence, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Good work ethic and time management skills.
Job specific competencies
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good time management.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Team player.
Please indicate your salary expectations in your cover letter. Start date: As soon as possible
Please note that CVs without cover letters or ones that do not meet the minimum requirements will not be considered. If you do not hear anything back within two weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 09 Mar 15:29