Mikateko Media is looking for a junior to mid-level sub editor on various products.
A proven editorial track record, an excellent command of English and the ability to deliver your best work under pressure are important prerequisites for this position with the leading content marketers in the country.
Remuneration will be commensurate with your work experience.
The work environment – innovative, supportive, committed. Mikateko is all about big business with family-values. Our single-minded focus on providing exceptional content that connects incredible brands with their audiences is coupled with an appreciation for the people that make this possible
What you will be expected to do:
- Rewrite and edit copy, proofread, translate between English and Afrikaans
- Set up an editing/traffic management system for the magazine
- Work closely with the editor re editorial management
- Help conceptualise stories, together with the team
- Participate in planning and cover-line meetings
- Ensure magazine tone is maintained throughout
- Keep to strict deadlines
- Ensure copy is legally sound and factually correct
- Read and research to keep up with the latest thinking and trends – client magazines and clients’ business
- Mentor the junior sub(s)
- At least two years’ experience working as a sub editor on a magazine
- High level of computer literacy, including InDesign and Internet
- Ability to work within a compact team
- Good administrative skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must have a good eye for detail
- Excellent command of English
If you’re keen: Please send your CV to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business on 20 March 2015
Please note that if you have not heard from us by 31 March 2015, you should regard your application as unsuccessful. New Media Publishing aims to provide equal opportunities in terms of their employment equity guidelines. New Media Publishing reserves the right to not fill this position should a suitable candidate not be found.
Posted on 06 Mar 13:14