The successful candidate will play a strategic role in providing professional advice, aiming to maximise profitability on behalf of the enterprise.
The successful candidate will provide trustworthy information that will involve financial reporting, taxation,auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, business recovery and managing accounting systems and processes.
- Must be a qualified chartered accountant through the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Two to five years’ working experience within a corporate environment as a chartered accountant
Key performance areas:
- Continuous management of financial systems and budgets
- Undertaking financial audits
- Providing financial advice
- Reviewing the company’s financial systems and analyzing risk
- Performing tests to check financial information and systems
- Advising on tax planning within current legislation to enable them to minimise their tax liability
- Maintaining accounting records and preparing accounts and management information
- Advising on corporate finance
- Advising on areas of business improvement
- Detecting and preventing fraud (forensic accounting)
- Managing junior colleagues
- Liaising with internal and external auditors and dealing with any financial irregularities as they arise
- Producing reports and recommendations following internal audits or public sector audits
- Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Preparing financial management reports, including financial planning and forecasting
- Advising on tax and treasury issues
- Negotiating terms
- Has to be proficient in all functions related to administration
- Good communication skills in both written and verbal
- Must be well organised
- Strong numerical ability
- Must be able to communicate relevant information
- Planning and organising skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Analytic thought process
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please visit our website www.mprtc.co.za to upload your CV or for more information.
Posted on 26 Mar 09:29