Our client, a global renewable energy developer, owner and operator of IPPs, is seeking a Plant Manager to manage and co-ordinate activities on the IPP’s operational power generation site.
The key responsibilities of this role player will be to ensure that O&M requirements are met coupled with optimisation of plant performance and profitability, with a strong focus on SH&E procedures and implementation.
This technically and entrepreneurially competent individual, will exhibit strong skills in; scheduling/planning (daily and monthly), administration, delegating, supervising, reporting, managing budgets, handling/understanding legal contracts and managing all related contractors.
You will find yourself needing to continuously and effectively communicate with all related stakeholders such as; Eskom, the local community, contractors and the Operations Manager. The perfect candidate is able to work within a team as well as to a large part independently due to the amount of responsibility they will need to manage. Due to the nature of the role, you will need to be an independent mature problem solver who can prioritise and action tasks accordingly.
This is an exciting vacancy for someone who is passionate about wind energy and meeting the immediate electricity need within SA.
For more information or to apply for this role, contact [Email Disabled]
- Proven technical ability i.e PrTech and or Pr. Engineering
- Proven ability to work with plant SCADA process control systems essential
- Turbine maintenance experience
- Electrical/Mechanical/Megatronics Degree (BSc. Eng, B Tech, or equivalent)
- Power generation/industrial plant maintenance experience with a minimum of 5/6 years
- 3 years preferable experience managing and administrating maintenance of all contractors
- General power plant safety and environmental procedures
- Proven ability and experience with high voltage electrical safety procedures
- Proven experience with O&M (medium voltage switchgear/circuit breakers/ protective relay systems/high voltage transformers and switching)
- Experience in preparing maintenance tenders/evaluating bids
- Proven report writing problem solving and communication skills
- Proven experience in planning, supervising and executing BOP maintenance (plant optimization, efficiency and improvements)
- Knowledge of wind power generation – a preference
- GCC a bonus
- Good fitness level (in order to go up towers)
- Salary for this role will range from R850k – R1.2m annual CTC