Bushwise the leading FGASA accredited field guide trainer seeks highly organised, enthusiastic and fun individuals with a passion for the bush and education. You need to be super organised, happy to work by yourself but a friendly team-player to take on the challenge of heading up our student recruitment and marketing.
In return we’ll work with you to develop a strong grounding in these skills and introduce you to this side of the industry. We’re also a pretty sociable bunch, so prepare for a warm welcome!
Bushwise specialises in training, running two types of courses tailored for the African Safari lodge industry, our highly acclaimed professional field guide courses and also hospitality internships. Over the years Bushwise has built it’s excellent reputation in the safari industry by training high achieving field guides, both practically and academically and supplying professional interns to assist in the running of the lodges.
Bushwise ensures students and interns meet and exceed the standards required in the safari industry in Southern Africa.
Training and selection is maintained at a top level, through which we endeavor to produce high quality, competent guides and source professional lodge hospitality interns, by offering training in guiding, bush knowledge and bush skills.
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Applicants for positions in South Africa must have a valid South African work permit or be a permanent resident. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence.
Sadly due to the large volume of applicants we normally get for cool jobs we cannot respond to those who don’t quite fit what we are looking for. If we don’t get back in contact, good luck and keep trying!
What you’ll be up to:
- Sales and pre-departure support: Managing leads through to the application process and then on to the pre-departure support
- Phone interviews: Calling all applicants to tell them about the program and check they are the right fit
- Customer acquisition: Email campaigns, developing content, PR, social media, Adwords, link building, channel Mkt, partnerships with higher education institutions and everything else.
- Writing creative social copy
- Monitoring and engaging on various social media platforms
- Organising monthly reports
- Partner relationship development
- Program development
What we’re looking for in you:
While international sales and marketing experience is preferred, what we look for more than anything are applicants with a deep passion for our programs, highly personable with an excellent phone manner and ambition to maintain Bushwise at the top of the industry as well as to advance their career.
Desired skills and experience
- Sales experience, ideally to travel sector
- Global marketing experience ideally to the travel sector
- A thorough understanding of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.)
- Highly-adaptive writing and communication skills
- Excellent Phone manner
- Incredibly self motivated
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, team player and technologically savvy
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Fluent written and verbal English and Afrikaans
- Google webmaster/analytics
- HTML knowledge
Posted on 16 Apr 16:24