International and leading forwarder with both an international and national foot print has a vacancy open for an estimator in their Port Elizabeth branch.
Your mandate will consist of ensuring that tender and estimate requests are completed and submitted within the required time scopes.
- Estimates and tenders
- Complete estimates for new and existing clients
- Negotiate appropriate rates with relevant suppliers
- Rate analysis to identify the best solution as per price, quality and routing
- Submitting of estimates in line with target deadlines
- Monitor target deadlines with aim of achieving same
- Ensure estimate/tender is checked and authorised prior to submission
- Ensure accuracy and attention to detail at all times
- Monitor success of estimates and tenders submitted by following up with the client
- Comply with necessary procedures to ensure professional output within the function
- Complete reporting requirements monthly/weekly as required
- Analyse estimate success and table concerns/solutions where the company may not be competitive
- Assist with tender rate and proposal submission
- Maintain estimate and tender register
- Maintain estimate filing system
- Ensure supplier and rate files are kept updated
- Maintain good communications with operational staff internally
Please note that should you not be contacted within two weeks, your application will have been considered as unsuccessful.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Two years estimating experience
- Two to five years’ experience in freight forwarding air/road, sea cargo
Strong communication and administration skills are essential for this position.
Dead line driven
Posted on 20 Apr 11:43
Samantha Broodryk Timm
International Freight Company