- Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- Four years’ relevant experience
- Three years’ managerial experience (preferable)
- Maintaining occupational health, safety
- Apply strategic transport management principles
- Understand the road and rail transport industry in South Africa
- Understand the principles of BBBEE
- Understand the principles of Total Cost Of Ownership (TCO)
- Understand the principles of contract management
- Understand the contract legislation
- Understand the principles of vendor management
- Valid code 8 driver’s licence and own transport
Duties (including but not limited to):
- To develop, implement and maintain sourcing strategies for inbound and outbound logistics providers to reduce overall logistics costs
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the department/section through effective use of the toolbox and the utilisation of the information management system (IMS)
- Develop/implement/review contract management policies and procedures
- Negotiate contractual terms and conditions within mandates
- Source and secure inbound and outbound logistics service providers
- Implement and manage transport contractor Service Level Agreements
- Update contract information on SAP and DOCIT
- Compile tender documents and contracts
- Prepare, coordinate and adjudicate tenders
- Negotiate final terms and conditions in conjunction with internal customers
- Initiate minimum level 4 BBBEE contracts with new Suppliers
- Comply with financial policies and procedures
- Reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and establish a competitive advantage through proactive procurement
Applicant must reside in Witbank or surrounding area.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please visit our website www.mprtc.co.za to upload your CV or for more information.
Posted on 14 Apr 10:02