Accounting firm requires an audit manager in Nelspruit area.
The successful auditing manager will be responsible for managing the internal audit department and will be responsible for coordinating all staff and audits to ensure that all projects meet professional auditing standards
- B.com Degree with completed SAICA articles
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors of South Africa would be advantageous
- Minimum of three years managerial experience
- Must display a high degree of professionalism and leadership and possess proficient, organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Good understanding of internal audit methodologies and principles
- Must have a firm understanding of audit theory and processes and of the professional practice standards of internal auditing as well as core control frameworks
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Assessing and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of application, operational controls, procedures and processes
- Perform and coordinate audit engagements of the highest level of complexity
- Prepare work papers, computations and statistical reports to ensure compliance with established control procedures and identify potential issues that need attention
- Critically evaluating the internal controls in place, identifying risks and drafting a suitable audit programme to test internal controls
- Carry out audits on departments and branches to identify deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures
- Maintain documentation of audit engagements by establishing supportable and logically indexed work papers
- Apply audit experience to resolve more advanced, complex audit elements, including issues escalated by Audit Seniors and Staff
- Design audit programs to accomplish stated audit objectives
- Use sound judgment and creativity when working with others to formulate practical recommendations in response to control concerns and opportunities for improvement
- Coordinate and draft deficiencies and recommendations, including development or revision of complex policies and procedures and process improvements
- Draft audit communications and presentation of issues to senior management
- Exercise individual judgment in selecting emphasis of audit coverage
- Develop department training materials to keep team members up to date on accounting or audit issues
- Contribute to appropriate development of the audit team (e.g. training, coaching/mentoring, etc.)
- Identify process improvement opportunities within the department
- Assist with the development and maintenance of department policies and procedures
- Work with the audit team to design and implement suggested process improvements to improve department and individual performance
Applicant must reside in Nelspruit or surrounding area.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please visit our website www.mprtc.co.za to upload your CV or for more information.
Posted on 30 Jun 10:09