|Remuneration:||Negotiable depending on experience|
|Location:||Cape Town, Observatory|
|Type:||Contract 3 months|
This internship comes with the opportunity to learn and gain knowledge about the business through reception and general administrative duties.
GetSmarter aims to improve lives through better education by helping working professionals advance their careers. We offer a portfolio of short courses, postgraduate degree programmes, and professional accounting programmes presented in partnership with South Africa’s leading universities.
- Be the welcoming face of “front of house” for GetSmarter.
- Answer calls at the switchboard and transfer them to the relevant team members.
- Ensure that the telephonic system is in excellent working order and liaise with the systems and technology department regarding any necessary repairs.
- Take messages from calls as well as from visitors and ensure that relevant team members receive messages containing all the correct information.
- Greet guests on their arrival and ensure that they are comfortable while they wait; also direct guests to the relevant team member.
- Assist with the logistics and execution of internal and external events.
- Assist the biokineticist with scheduling and carrying out wellness-based activities.
- Assist with general office administration, which includes but is not limited to, ordering office items and ensuring that par levels are maintained.
- Assist the services team with various administrative tasks.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring the supply and provision of cleaning materials.
- Maintain a professional and friendly atmosphere within the reception area.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Must be articulate, professional and have a good command of both spoken and written English.
- A degree in communication or business is preferable.
- Should have good organisational, prioritising and time management skills.
- Must be extremely computer literate, with competence in Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), Gmail and Google Docs.
Job specific competencies
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Team player.
- Dedication to quality and service.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Passion and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Start date: As soon as possible
We are currently experiencing problems with our online application system, Topgrading. Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com while we try sort out the problems.
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 02 Jul 09:04 APPLY NOW