Your career as a Global Data Analyst will begin with our foundational training programme that focuses on financial concepts, data, and Bloomberg terminal functionality. The training offers an overview across all financial market sectors that build a foundation for a career at Bloomberg by developing product knowledge, understanding our clients, and building relationships throughout the company. In addition, the program supports new hires to develop technical skills to analyse processes, suggest improvements and contribute to our culture of innovation and customer service to meet Bloomberg’s high standards for interactions with our customers. After successfully completing the training, you will be prepared to begin your career as a Data Analyst.
Bloomberg Global Data is one of the world’s leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. Our Data Analysts are immersed in all aspects of Bloomberg. Data teams include Commodities; Corporate Finance; Equities; Economic Statistics; Fixed Income and Funds. The data collected provides transparency into the markets and specific securities and will continue to build on the core foundation of our business as we expand our depth and breadth of coverage. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will expand your data management skills, research skills and bolster your financial knowledge.
Bloomberg’s Global Data department in Cape Town is seeking highly motivated Data Analysts to join their Earnings Estimates team.
In this role your responsibilities will be to:
– manage, research, verify, standardize and develop Bloomberg Earnings forecasts for various EMEA companies.
– Develop processes and applications related to accurate and timely data-acquisition from broker’s and equity analysts regarding estimates of various companies’.
-Work closely with global brokerage firms, and contribute to the dissemination of information that aids financial professionals in their decision-making process.
– Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg customers and to internal stakeholders.
– Work closely with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales, R&D and our Product development teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the product.
– BA/BS Accounting/Finance/Business preferred or equivalent work experience
– Understanding of financial statements and accounting principles is key
– Information Systems/Excel/Programming/Technical skills are an added advantage
– A professional level of written and spoken English is essential
– Capable of handling multiple deliverables simultaneously
– Demonstrate ability to comprehend, retain and communicate concepts
– Attention to detail and accuracy when working under pressure
– Commitment to enhancing and developing products and processes
– Driven to improve financial knowledge
– Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills
This role is for an immediate start and is based in Cape Town
What Bloomberg does – and how you can make your mark here:
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy and innovation-which is where you come in.
At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. Be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients – and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Job Segment: Database, Equity, Information Systems, Product Development, Data Analyst, Technology, Finance, Research, Data