Mining concern requires an instrument specialist in Barberton.
Please note that all applications need to include copies of all relevant qualifications, drivers licence and ID.
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate
- N6 qualification as an instrument mechanician/technician
- At least five years’ experience as an instrument mechanician, preferably in a mineral processing plant environment
- Physically healthy (able to obtain a mining red ticket)
- Computer and programming skills – Full competency in:
- MS Office – Excel,
- Work PowerPoint,
- Adroit SCADA systems,
- PLCs (various),
- Mass-flow systems – Process automation
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Valid code 8 driver’s license and own transport
Duties (including but not limited to):
- Routine maintenance, preventative and planned maintenance
- Installation and commissioning of site MHI’s
- Calibrations and overhauling of different valve types
- Effective maintenance on instrumentation hardware and software
- Implement modifications to instruments in order to identify opportunities for control and instrumentation optimisation
- Detailed shutdown maintenance planning
- Work in the production department for all types of equipment including testing quality control
- Supervise sub-contractors to the company on mechanical and electrical installation in house repairs to electronic/ electrical equipment
Applicant must reside in Mbombela or surrounding area.
Only South African citizens, who are suitably qualified, live in the applicable area and meet the requirements of the position are eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Please take note: If you have not been contacted within 14 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Posted on 29 Jun 15:02