- Matriculation certificate with string admin skills and attention to detail
- Stock Management or Logistics experience advantageous
- Valid driver’s licence
- Own vehicle
Competencies and skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy: MS Office
- Customer responsiveness
- Display a sense of urgency
- Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous and organised
- Stock management skills
Key Performance Area
1) Management of vehicle movement turnaround time
- Sending instruction to salvage service provider to collect vehicle within 24 hours of being assessed and approved as a write-off
- Follow up to confirm that vehicle has successfully been delivered to salvage yard
2) Negotiate return rates on salvage stock
- Agree value of return on vehicle with salvage service provider
- Follow up and response to queries / offers received on vehicles
- Analysing deductions for missing/swapped parts for reasonability
3) Complete accountability of stock as salvage yard
- Daily Reconciliation of vehicle written off to vehicles delivered to salvage yard
- Weekly instruction to finance for all vehicles to be invoiced to salvage service provider
4) Oversee the accounts and manage receipt of payments
- Follow up with salvage service provider on payments outstanding
- Update claims system to account for all salvage receipts
- Resolve reconciling differences of amounts received per bank account vs. amounts recognised on claims system
5) Effective teamwork and self-management
- Consistently manage own priorities so as to achieve all deliverables
- Follow any lawful and reasonable instruction from your manager
- Act as part of the team and always assist other members of the team to achieve common goals
- Consistently live and be an example of the Company values
If you have not been contacted withiin 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- be self-reliant and capable for independent work
- communicate clearly and efficiently
- deal with own correspondence (email)
- interact with people at all levels
- use MS Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- use MS Word (intermediate to advanced)
- work methodically and systematically
- work without supervision
- risk management
- short term insurance
SA Taxi is a participant in the vehicle financing industry in South Africa and a member of the Transaction Capital group of companies.
SA Taxi regards its primary role as an enabler of affordable, safe public transport to the estimated 19 million commuters who travel the roads of South Africa in taxis daily.
SA Taxi regards its secondary role as a contributor to the financial empowerment of historically financially underserved and unbanked taxi owners who in turn are providers of employment to the drivers and rank managers and other ancillary employees.
SA Taxi regards itself as a vital catalyst for grassroots upliftment of fledgling SMMEs within the South African context.
SA Taxi seeks to be a preferred provider of finance, competing against the formal domestic banks that dominate vehicle finance in South Africa, through a detailed understanding of the needs of its customers and a deeper understanding of the underlying assets, a superior assessment of and response to individual owners credit capacity, responsive trustworthy relationships with motor dealers and manufacturers nationally and internationally, and exceptional administrative speed and efficiency.
SA Taxi believes that its future will be assured only by:
– obtaining a clear understanding of the market dynamics, clients and commuters needs within the taxi industry
– unquestioned integrity in all its dealings combined with a predictive credit capability
– total compliance with all the laws of the land but in particular those related to competition and the granting and management of credit
– identifying credible counterparties and securing stable vehicle supply through legitimate and commercially viable long term relationships
– collaborative relationships with the Government, particularly the departments of Transport and Finance regarding vehicle safety and the Taxi Recapitalisation Process
– mutually respectful relationships with bona fide organisations established to represent the collective interests of taxi owners, taxi drivers and taxi commuters
SA Taxi sees the employment and retention of competent and committed management and staff as the foundation of all its achievements and relationships.
Apply online before 02/07/2015.