Closing date: 06 August 2015
Engineering Services – Drawing Offices, Lydenburg Smelter, Mpumalanga
Ref. No. PVN090715
- Degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Computer literacy is essential
- Exposure to a heavy industrial environment will be advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with data and information and to perform statistical calculations
- Customer orientated
- Self-motivated, disciplined, confident, creative and accurate
- Analytical skills
- Strive for operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Reporting to the Works Manager: Projects, the incumbent will, inter alia:
- Execute the improvement projects
- Assist in the solving of problems by initiating, developing and/or implementing alternatives for improvement to the equipment within the sphere of responsibility, in line with Glencore Lydenburg Smelters quality principles
- Facilitate quality or small business unit meetings/programmes to empower all within the Department to voice their own ideas with regard to plant availability
- Revise standard procedures, as well as the communication thereof through training sessions and “in-task” training
- Be responsible for financial management, organisation development, mentoring, coaching performance management, business improvements, etc
- Provide the necessary input, know-how, energy and enthusiasm to enable other team players, individuals, groups and parties involved to reach their goals
- Comply with the Company’s Health and Safety system.
- Medically fit – thus experiencing no difficulty with walking, speaking, hearing, eyesight, climbing steps or climbing into confined spaces with no fear of heights
- Panel interview
- Candidates may be subjected to a reference check
- Candidates will be assessed
- In making a final selection, consideration will be given to, but not limited to, achieving Glencore Alloys Employment Equity objectives.
The company offers
- A competitive salary
- Medical Aid Fund Membership contributions are paid by the Company
- Provident Fund contributions are paid by the Company.