Call for Applications: Einstein Fellowship 2020 for Young Scholars
Applications for the Einstein Fellowship 2020 for Young Scholars are now open. The Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research.
The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches- following the example set by Albert Einstein, At the end of the fellowship period, the fellow will be expected to present his or her project in a public lecture at the Einstein Forum and at the Daimler and Benz Foundation. The Einstein Fellowship is not intended for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
- The fellowship includes living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein’s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin.
- The fellow will receive a stipend of EURO 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Must be under 35
- Hold a University degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality and feasibility of the proposed project. as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant.
- It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working towards or currently holds a PHD
- The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship, but can be beginnings of a longer project.
Applications for 2020 should include a CV, a two page project proposal and two letters of recommendation. All documents must be received by May 15 2019. Applications should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org