Dept Telecommunications and Postal Services : Graduate / Internship Programme 2019
The Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services is offering fifteen (15) Internships to graduates between the ages of 18 and 35 for a period of twelve (12) months. The positions are based in Pretoria. A stipend of R7008.00 per month is applicable.
Please note this is not a student Internship and no students who require practical work experience will be considered.
The following Internships are available:
ICT Policy and Strategy [DTPS 01]
- B. degree in Economics, Econometrics, Public Policy and/or Statistics
ICT Infrastracture [DTPS 02]
- National diploma / B. degree in Telecommunication Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
SOE Oversight [DTPS 04]
- National diploma / B. degree in Statistics, Economics, Law, Finance, or Business Management
ICT International Affairs [DTPS 05]
- National diploma / B. degree in International Relations, Politics, Public Administration, International Economics, or International Law
Administration [DTPS 06]
- National diploma / B. degree in Security Management, Safety Management, Project Management, Public Administration
Administration [DTPS 07]
- National diploma / B. degree in Supply Chain Management
ICT Development [DTPS 03]
- National diploma / B. degree in Statistics, Economics, Public Administration, Public Management
CONDITIONS: •Applicants must be unemployed graduates who are in possession of the relevant tertiary qualifications as
indicated above and are South African citizens •Applicants should have no previous work experience, including no previous
Internships •Successful applicants will sign an Internship agreement.
Please indicate clearly the relevant reference number and the Internship area as indicated above for which you are applying. If you
qualify for and are applying in more than one area, please submit separate applications for each area.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and must be accompanied by a
detailed CV together with certified copies of qualifications and ID document. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification,
it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit the
requested documents will result in your application not being considered. Please take note that applications received after the
closing date will not be considered. Please take note that all qualifications are subject to verification. Correspondence will be limited
to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of this advertisement, please
accept that your application was unsuccessful.
People with disabilities and from historically disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Please forward your application to the Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services, iParioli Office Park, 1166
corner Park and Grosvenor Streets, Hatfield, Pretoria, Block E, Ground Floor or post to Private Bag X860, Pretoria, 0001.
Enquiries regarding the Internships can be directed to Ms Ellah (Elsie) Kekana, tel. 012 421 7045 or Ms Tebogo Matlou,
tel. 012 427 8291.
Closing Date: 15 February 2019