Journalist – Intern: JustNje
We are an online publication, looking to hire four intern journalists. The internship is for a period of three months, from late February 2019 to May 2019.
- Write daily news articles sourced from interviews, press releases, social media, online data sources, and interview transcripts (which you must transcribe).
- Frontline proofreading and editing – for your own content, and content written by others.
- Attend newsworthy events, conduct interviews and write articles.
- Despite being a work-from-home role, the position is full-time. Working hours are weekdays 8am to 5pm.
- This role is best suited for a recent and inexperienced graduates looking to immerse themselves into the world of digital journalism and online publishing.
- To be successful in this position, you must be able to learn, take constructive criticism, and be versatile in both your approach to the work and your writing assignments.
- Please include a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- A university degree obtained at a South African public university.
- Very strong English language skills; you must be able to speak, write and edit well.
- Versatility – the ability to write across various subjects and topics, including politics, entertainment, personal finance, careers, breaking news and sport.
- Your own laptop, reliable and unlimited internet (4G or fibre), as this is a work from home role.
- Stability and reliability under pressure, and a consistency in the kind and quality of work produced.
- Ability to work with very little guidance and supervision.
- Computer literacy – ability to work with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google applications.
- Superior online research skills.
- An interest in writing, journalism and current affairs.
- Can start working with us immediately, with little notice.