The Umsobomvu Youth Fund helps youth set up, expand and develop their businesses by teaching them essential business skills. Umsobomvu has the following programmes:
- The Franchise Fund helps youth to start and maintain their businesses. Through loans and a voucher system, it helps young people to access business support.
- Entrepreneurship Education Training: This training is aimed at helping young people understand the concepts and principles of entrepreneurship and business.
- Cooperative Training: This is basic training for young people on setting up and running a youth cooperative business.
- Graduate Development Training: This is a training programme for unemployed graduates to enhance their life and professional skills.
- Business Consulting Services Voucher: These are services designed to help youth set up, expand or develop their businesses.
Umsobomvu youth Advisory Centres (YACs) are walk-in centres around the country where youth can receive information, training and referrals services – in fact, everything they need to find employment or start their own businesses. YACs provide outreach services to communities that are unable to get to the centres, by taking career information, skills development and entrepreneurial advice to local schools in Mobile YACs.
Contact Umsobomvu: 08600 YOUTH (96884)
Contact Umsobomvu Business Partnership: 011 470-3111