Fixed-term contract until the general election 2024
Please note only applications reflecting the reference number (above) will be considered.
The DA wishes to appoint a dynamic, self-motivated leader as chief executive officer, who will report directly to the chairperson of the Federal Council and the federal leader.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing and refining the goals and strategy of the party (together with relevant stakeholders)
- Leading and managing the professional staff of the DA in operationalising the strategy determined by the party’s leadership
- Ensuring that the party’s brand and communications guide is regularly reviewed and updated (in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders)
- Planning and developing all aspects of general election campaigns, including by-elections (in conjunction with the relevant stakeholders)
- Coordination of qualitative and quantitative market research
- Sound and strategic management of the party’s finances
- Developing and refining a fundraising strategy
- Overseeing the design, development and ongoing modification of systems to streamline operational functions and produce meaningful data for the party
- Working with the marketing team to develop and operationalise a digital, social media and online strategy
- Enhancing and leading an HR and employee relations strategy
- Ensuring that the necessary training programmes are developed and rolled out to all party structures
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements and regulations of the party are adhered to (in conjunction with the Corporate Services team)
- Taking overall responsibility for the roll-out of the DA’s 2021 and 2024 election campaigns.
Prospective applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or seven years’ experience in a senior management position
- Extensive experience in strategy and organisational development
- Strong commitment to the principles and programme of action of the DA
- Sound knowledge of, aptitude for and interest in politics
- Ability to foster a high organisational performance culture and a corporate culture that promotes individual integrity and ethical practices
- Ability to develop a financial strategy and financial model to support the party’s strategic objectives
- Ability to fundraise for the party
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven record of initiative, problem-solving, and the ability to recognise and implement improvements to systems
- Ability to analyse and interpret statistical data
- Commitment to work long hours, weekends and public holidays
- Commitment to a substantial amount of domestic and international travel
- Good negotiation and diplomatic skills
- Computer literacy, particularly MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of more than one South African language is desirable.
Should you meet the above requirements and be interested, kindly forward your completed application form, copy of your ID, your comprehensive CV and a one-page cover letter motivating why you wish to be employed by the Democratic Alliance to Wisal Cornelius, Democratic Alliance, Federal Head Office, P.O. Box 1475, Cape Town 8000, tel: 021 465 1431, fax: 086 461 5105 or e-mail: email@example.com.
To apply online, visit https://www.da.org.za/get-involved/jobs-at-the-da.
- Kindly note that any application received without the required documentation will not be considered.
- Please note that correspondence will only be conducted with shortlisted candidates.
- Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Please also note that we reserve the right not to make any appointments.
- Kindly further note that the Party will not require applicants to pay any amount or undergo any health-related tests, in order to be shortlisted.
Closing date: 29 April 2020
Freedom. Fairness. Opportunity. Diversity.