|Remuneration:||R15000 per month|
Sound Africa is a growing independent not for profit South African podcasting platform and we are looking for an assistant to support our wonderful editor-in-chief.
While this is an entry level position, open to youth and recent graduates, we are a small team that values and invests in every member of our organisation. You will be assisting our editor-in-chief with the day to day running of the organisation including managing everyday communication, as well as managing all social media platforms. You might also be required to assist with interviews and content development and will be required to do research, assist our editor in chief with story development as well as assist with fundraising and grant- writing. If you’re passionate about content creation, independent journalism and make/want to learn how to make podcasts this is for you.
We are a small team, and there is a lot of room to be creative and to learn about podcasts and the South African independent media landscape. We are looking for driven, committed, organised, self -starters who are keen to create and build with us.
We’re a homegrown podcast organisation producing original audio content that is able to upend the weary old clichés we’ve become accustomed to in the coverage of Africa.
We seek out the untold and obscure, go beyond surface-level coverage of big events, and shed light on matters of public interest without losing sight of the human interest. In doing so we aim to amplify African voices through the power of digital audio and the internet.
- Must have a passion for media and content creation and particularly an interest in podcasts
- Have excellent written and communication skills
- Experience and understanding using social media platforms for marketing and audience engagement purposes.
- Have a relevant degree (language, journalism, arts) and if not be able to show a keen interest and experience working in the media, communications, or journalism sectors.
- Be digitally savvy, experience with data analytics and website management advantageous
- Interest in African thought/Pan Africanism is definitely beneficial as we centre ourselves around Pan Africanist values and our content trajectory for the future definitely has a strong Pan-African focus.
- Be able to travel to and from the Cape Town CBD daily.
How to apply
- Please send your bio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also please include your answers to the following questions:
- What is your favourite podcast and why?
- What are your thoughts on the African independent media industry?
Apply by email