|Location:||Cape Town, Durbanville|
A fast-paced Engineering Service Provider in Durbanville seeks a Junior-Senior Electrical Design Engineer with critical attention to detail who can work in a pressure-driven environment handling multiple priorities. Your role will include Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software, preparing bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX) while evaluating scope of work and managing project timelines. You must have a B.Eng/BTech Degree in Electrical/Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent with 2 – 10 years’ work experience in a similar position with Advanced Excel skills.
- Medium and Heavy-duty truck chassis harness design using 3D CAD – and 2D Schematic software.
- Vehicle Electrical Systems Design, including 3D Wiring design in Siemens NX, creating 2D Harness Drawings and Schematics.
- Electrical Component Integration.
- Evaluate scope of work and manage project timelines.
- Prepare bills of materials and their representative 3D assemblies (Unigraphics NX).
- Product data management (entering designs and related info into PDM software – Team Center).
- Ensure designs meet supplier and regulatory requirements.
- Design with cost saving, ease of installation and servicing in mind.
- Conduct concept and design reviews.
- Liaise with suppliers on designs.
- Assess results for comparison against customer requirements and design standards.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines and teams.
- B Eng Degree or B Tech degree in electrical / mechatronics engineering or equivalent.
- 2 – 10 Years’ experience working in an Electrical Design Engineering position.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Automotive OEM Design.
- 3D CAD experience: Siemens NX.
- Schematics Design in Mentor Graphics Vesys.
- Attention to detail.
- Integrity and honesty.
- Good work ethic.
- Hardworking, willing to go the extra mile.
- Work independently.
- Excellent in task management.
- Team Player (Works well in a team).
- Have good problem-solving abilities.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful
When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. Only SA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to target=”_blank and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on http://www.datafin.com. Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.
Posted on 28 Apr 12:42, Closing date 28 May
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.APPLY