|Location:||Cape Town, Brackenfell|
Define, measure and enforce quality through efficient test coverage and a traceability matrix as your expertise & relentless commitment to quality as a Test Team Lead is sought by a Retail Giant with a footprint on the African continent. You will also ensure pre-agreed test schedule with Delivery Managers are being met, a suitable and stable test environment/lab and report and manage progress, issues, constraints, dependencies and resources. You will also manage & ensure each team member’s output is aligned with the above. You must have Grade 12, Grade 12/Matric, an IT or technical-focused Degree/Diploma with formal Software Testing training and registration e.g., ISTQB, ISEB. You also need 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role with proven experience testing complex user interfaces, expertise in both Manual and Automated Testing, HP QC or HP ALM experience, Selenium/Test Complete/UFT/QTP/SOAPUI exposure & Cloud Testing (Azure/AWS) and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery experience.
Manage test planning and analysis –
- Co-operate with clients/user/senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy to be employed for Development projects.
- Co-ordinate all activity and all Testers during each testing phase of a project/programme.
- Determine which tools and utilities work best for given situation/project.
- Develop, modify, and ensure that software testing plans are executed.
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration.
- Initiate test planning activities.
- Represent the customer in understanding how they use the system and including the most relevant end to end user scenarios in test plans and automation.
- Define test strategy and test plans and review them with stakeholders.
- Identify the testing scope required for each release based on the requirements of the document.
- Ensure optimal and improvement of test coverage.
- Identify the testing effort required by calculating the sizing needed for the given release and plan the required effort for the same.
- Identify the tools to be used for test reporting, test management, test automation, etc. and identify when test automation is appropriate and, if it is, plan the effort.
- Estimate the testing resources and time required and negotiate with management to acquire the necessary resources.
- Publish the test plan after discussions with the test team and have it reviewed and approved by the Management/ Development team
Manage test design and execution –
- Analyse test results to ensure existing functionality; recommend corrective action.
- Integrate test suites into the Test Management system and custom test harnesses.
- Propose required functions, tools or scripts to management for approval based on complexity and coverage of solution.
- Select and develop appropriate test automation tools, applying the latest techniques in test automation.
- Update test execution status.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for various software applications, i.e., perform Automated Dynamic Testing.
- Lead and monitor the analysis, design, implementation and execution of the test cases and test procedures.
- Ensure proper configuration management of the testware produced and traceability of the tests to the test basis.
- Manage the building of required test environments and ensure that the test environments are in place before test execution and managed during test execution.
- Manage test environments, test devices and technology versions.
Manage test monitoring and evaluation –
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics.
- Consult with Developers to resolve issues and provide feedback for the technical appraisal of the tested software program(s) and monitor its deployment across the appropriate system(s).
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained in the team.
Manage test completion –
- Review software design and change specifications to ensure software testing measures meet acceptable reliability standards and project and program objectives.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Schedule the tests for execution and monitor, measure, control and report on the test progress, the s/w product quality status and the test results, adapting the test plan and compensating as needed to adjust to evol
Posted on 16 May 15:35, Closing date 15 Jun
087 351 0743
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.APPLY