IT systems administrator
Do you want to be part of a global company?
We are looking for an IT systems administrator to join our team, working on-site at our beautiful offices in George
A day in the life of an IT systems administrator…
The IT systems administrator role is a diverse and fast-paced role that will support our teams and IT systems across the wider business. You will predominantly support the Pacific International Insurance South African Branch and provide expert advice at all levels of IT Support and IT service delivery across a broad range of internal stakeholders. This role will involve administration and maintenance of all IT assets from configuration to resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT department.
You will report day to day to the general manager of operations in George with a technical report line to the IT Systems Administration in Australia. You will also be required to work outside of normal business hours to accommodate the needs of the teams in Australia and New Zealand as well as those based in George.
A day in the life of an IT systems administrator:
- Provide onsite and remote IT support at all levels to approximately 150 employees in Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and South Africa
- Provide support across a wide variety of technologies like Azure, Office 365, SharePoint, IP telephony and customer contact management platforms
- Installing, configuring, administering, and troubleshooting all corporate LAN\WAN environments including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, video surveillance devices, security appliances, Linux, Windows environments and IPSEC site-to-site VPN’s
- Maintain network security and regulatory compliance
- Respond to escalated requests for technical support from an IT ticketing system
- Development and implementation of IT systems, processes related documentation
- Maintain and develop regular scheduled/automated processes
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
We would love to hear from you if
- Relevant qualifications advantageous, (Azure Administrator, Cisco CCNA or a VMWare certification)
- You have a positive attitude and eagerness to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Can effectively multi-task across many concurrent issues and projects, delivering impactful outcomes in a changing environment.
- Have highly effective communication and planning skills, particularly as they relate to the delivery of quality customer service across a broad range of internal stakeholders
- Highly effective organisational and problem-solving skills
- At least three years of experience in a comparable role
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge in the operation and technical support of end-user devices, associated peripherals and software
- Advanced knowledge and experience with server technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of vLAN’s
- Powershell scripting experience
- Knowledge of Content Delivery Networks
- Knowledge of backup technologies and configuration, specifically Veeam
- Vendor management exposure
Posted on 24 Jun 16:50, Closing date 23 Jul