|Remote work:||Not Applicable|
|Company:||The Nalibali Trust|
We are looking for a motivated individual with community development experience, training and facilitation skills, and a passion for literacy to join our team!!
Nal’ibali (isiXhosa for “here’s the story”) is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign. It builds literacy skills and lifelong reading culture in homes, schools and communities across South Africa.
Nal’ibali implements and trains others to deliver a variety of literacy programmes, including reading clubs, early literacy, family literacy and school support. It also distributes high-quality reading materials in home languages, and runs events and campaigns to raise awareness of how reading for enjoyment develops cognitive and socio-emotional skills, supporting school success and positive life outcomes.
The role of the Provincial Coordinator is to plan, implement, manage and support this work in the Western Cape, to ensure successful delivery, growth and impact.
- Initiate and develop partnerships with government, key stakeholders & implementation partners, and maintain stakeholder relationships via regular communication.
- Plan, coordinate and deliver high-quality training to partners.
- Mentor and support partner organisations to read aloud with children, run reading clubs, run family literacy programmes and use reading materials.
- Support effective distribution and use of reading materials in the province, by establishing relationships with, checking in with and collecting feedback on distribution via Post Offices.
- Identify, establish and drive relationships with local media outlets and be a spokesperson for Nal’ibali within the province, with support from the Communications & Marketing team.
- Develop and submit monthly workplans and reports.
- Collect accurate monitoring, evaluation and research data on implementation and programme outcomes and ensure it is submitted timeously.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills and Experience):
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Development Studies, Social Science, Education, Management, Social Work, etc.)
- 3+ years relevant experience in programme implementation and/or stakeholder engagement, including experience managing others
- Prior experience with all or most of the following:
- Competent in MS Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Comfortable using social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
- Microsoft Office 365 Suite of products
- Fluent written and spoken English and either isiXhosa or Afrikaans
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; a persuasive and compelling communicator
- Strong work ethic, meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organized and proactive
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Strong servant leadership qualities & great interpersonal skills
- Track record of honesty, integrity, respect for others and teamwork
- Interest in children’s welfare, and able to communicate with children
Should you meet the above requirements, please forward a motivational letter and CV to gro.ilabilan@krow, with your name and surname, position title on the subject line. (e.g., Thandi Nkosi: Provincial Coordinator, Western Cape)
Closing date: Tuesday, 5 July 2022
Please note that feedback will only be provided to shortlisted candidates.
For more information, please have a look at our website www.nalibali.org.
Posted on 24 Jun 11:54, Closing date 5 Jul
Apply by email
Or apply with your Biz CV
Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.