Closing Date: 17 August 2015
The position of Incubation Intern includes: assisting with administration in the Incubator; an opportunity to up-skill yourself to become an Associate; and shadowing Associates as they train and coach Awethu Entrepreneurs on how to grow the profitability of their businesses and create jobs whilst developing them to be future leaders in the South African economy. Awethu Entrepreneurs go through a rigorous 24 week, experiential Entrepreneurship programme as preparation for them to become successful business leaders. You will attend these sessions and assist the Associates in delivering these sessions. This is a great opportunity to see how what you learned at university applies in the world of business and Entrepreneurship.
Incubation Interns will responsible for assisting Associates. Tasks include:
- Assisting Associate with capturing data
- Assisting Associate with other administrative tasks within the Incubator
- Conduct business research as a means to support Associate’s mentorship and advisory role.
- Shadowing and supporting Associate during their weekly lessons and one-on-one business consultations.
Qualifications, requirements and experience
- A business diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in English; both written and spoken
- Contextual leadership achievement
- Ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Good numeracy ability
- Entrepreneurial experience (optional but preferred)