Executive Housekeeper; Career Custodians
We are seeking an executive housekeeper to ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness are maintained throughout the property and to manage the housekeeping and department efficiently to maintain standards and control costs.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To ensure standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in all bedrooms/corridors/function rooms/public areas are maintained.
- Supervising the daily cleaning of assigned rooms, bathrooms, corridor areas and public areas to the highest standards. This includes changing bed linen, replacing towels, cleaning bathrooms thoroughly, vacuuming, mopping and dusting daily. Subject to levels of business the housekeeper will be expected to also service rooms.
- Ensuring the upkeep of vacant rooms.
- Replenishing brochures and paper goods throughout the bedrooms.
- Maintaining an orderly storeroom and trollies.
- Ordering inventory and housekeeping stock when required
- Do weekly and monthly stock takes
- Do monthly / weekly / daily housekeeping administration
- Do monthly project management for the finance department
- Maintaining and upkeep of the housekeeping staff files
- Ensuring guest laundry is collected, charged and returned to the guest in a speedy and accurate fashion.
- Ensuring guest property left behind is logged and stored in a secure location for lost property.
- Resolving any guest problems or complaints when possible and ensuring management are kept informed.
- Action any maintenance requests in order to comply with the Guest House’s/apartments’ established quality standards and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Do daily pre-arrival checks in guesthouse rooms/apartments
- Do daily inventory checks in guesthouse rooms/apartments when guests depart
- Must be willing to work hospitality hours and overtime when requested
- Carrying out any other duties as may be reasonably required by management
- Quality assurance
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand English at a professional level.
- Previous housekeeping management-related experience required.
- Must have a SA ID
- Must have a valid driver licence and own transport
To apply for the position, please forward a motivational letter, an updated CV with a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within five days – please consider your application unsuccessful