|Remuneration:||R42000 – R48000 per month negotiable Basic salary|
To retain, maintain and grow our key accounts using a complete key account management strategy including relationship building and industry vertical knowledge. Thorough understanding of the clients business in order to proactively offer supply chain solutions.
Key responsibilities of this role:
- Understand the client’s business sector, supply chain and strategy in order to identify additional supply chain opportunities on a pro-active basis and entrench the company as a preferred partner in a profitable way to both parties.
- Develop relationships with the client at a senior level in order to achieve success in the prime objective.
- Responsible for the profitability of the client against defined parameters. This includes measuring ongoing profitability for all services provided, identifying and correcting unprofitable services and annual rate negotiations for fees.
- Maintain a comprehensive data base and profile on the client s being managed including but not limited to the CRM system, assessment reports, profitability studies, audits, credit management issues, relationships, surveys and service commitments.
- Brief operations and management on what is happening within the client operations, resolve service delivery issues and be responsible for the implementation of new or additional services.
- Visiting a specified customer base at regular intervals, build strong business relationships with key decision makers and monitor customer satisfaction levels with the company’s performance.
- Responsible for the prompt, efficient and professional resolution of queries and complaints.
- Facilitate discrepancies between the clients and resolve these discrepancies where possible and where you have the authority
- Providing written reports on each client visit and producing weekly summary of same.
- Retain and acquire business through exceptional service delivery and relationship building
- Identifying extension business from current customer base and securing this wherever practicable.
- Providing assistance and basic training to customers where this need is identified.
Main activities of this role:
- Measuring and optimising all elements of the client’s supply chain which we control or influence.
- Build strong client relationships, e.g. regular contact and personal visits, trustworthy and reliable behaviour, entertaining.
- Develop a clear understanding of client’s business and needs.
- Identify, coordinate and implement services to extend the account.
- Pro-actively report to clients any economic or legislative changes which would affect their supply chain.
- Share with clients industry trends, activities, changes in legislation
- Manage the client’s credit requirements in terms of facilities, terms, prompt payments and the information required for revetts.
- Assisting with arranging and co-ordination of the entertainment of clients at various functions, both during and after normal office hours.
- Lead a team of resources in compiling and presenting proposals and tenders.
- Participate in the completion and submission of tender/RFQ documentation to maintain and/or extend business of existing clients
- In cooperation with KAM gather inform required to complete tender/RFQ documentation
- Draft proposals, tenders or RFQ’s for clients – formal and informal
- Presentation to clients (if required)
- Manage and report of own performance using Productivity report.
- Participate in recruitment and selection processes
- Optimise individual employee performance through effective leadership, coaching, development and training, motivating and supporting staff, and creating opportunities for their future growth
- Create a climate for the team to support and encourage each other in support of team objectives
- Identify and implement performance improvement initiatives
- Apply disciplinary code – within area of responsibilities
- Cooperate and encourage interaction with other functional departments (IT, HR, etc)
- A strong working knowledge of ocean and airfreight, warehousing and transport operations is prerequisite.
- Good business acumen and an understanding of the South African economy.
- Understand supply chain in the wider context
- Have a good understanding of all rate structures (fees and disbursements), be able to calculate and analyse client profitability.
- Have a good understanding on commercial matters such as standard trading conditions, marine insurance and claims, tender or contract conditions.
- Very good knowledge of Cargowise and MS Office.
- Have sufficient skills to draw and use information from I.T. systems and data bases.
- Sound planning and organisational skills are a necessity.
- The ability to work with minimum supervision, and to use initiative.
- The ability to handle conflict resolution.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Superior negotiation and presentation skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with clients and staff at all levels in an organisation.
An appropriate tertiary qualification (Degree or National Diploma) would be advantageous.
Applicants must be computer literate.
A valid and unendorsed Code 8 driver’s license.
Prior operational experience in both sea and airfreight operations is prerequisite.
Prior experience as a client services consultant is prerequisite.
Posted on 12 Jun 11:23 APPLY NOW