Every child is a little hero in their parent’s eyes. What makes them even more special is their ability to see things differently, through a filter of innocence. It is their positive outlook on life that inspires us, as parents and adults, to preserve our planet for our children and future generations to come.
Unleash your little hero’s imagination to create a bright future and you could WIN 1 of 5 R10 000 bursaries for your child. Share your child’s ideas on Twitter and Instragram using the hashtag #brightfutureSA, you can also submit them on our Unilever Facebook Page or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LITTLE HEROES CAMPAIGN WIN 1 OF 5 R10 000 BURSARIES TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents who are Parents, Guardians, and Care Givers, of Children between the ages of 6 and 18 in possession of a valid identity document except any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
3. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
4. This promotional competition is open from 05 June 2015 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 10 July 2015. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
5. To enter, participants will be required to;
a. Visit https://www.facebook.com/UnileverZA or https://twitter.com/UnileverSA or Instagram; and
b. Submit your stories about your child via a comment on one of our competition posts or submit via email to email@example.com using #brightFutureSA.
6. Participants can enter more than once provide each entry has a different story. The more you enter, the better chance you have of winning.
7. Winners will be selected by means of a random draw and will be notified telephonically where the winners will be required to verify their details.
8. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize winners once every day for 5 (five) consecutive working days after their name is drawn via Facebook. If the prize winner cannot be contacted during this period, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
9. The prize is a R10 000 bursary payable to the winner. Five (5) winners will be selected in total. Parents of the child selected as a winner, will be required to provide the Promoter with a written letter from the child’s school confirming that their child is registered as a student at the school. Payment to the winner will not be approved without this confirmation. All letters must display the schools details in the letter head.
10. All winners (i.e. includes winning child and his/her parent, guardian or caregiver) will be required to provide their names, ID numbers, a copy of their identity document and contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
11. Participants who fail to provide the necessary documents within 2 months from date of notice will forfeit the prize.
12. Any prize not taken up for any reason within two months of notification will be forfeited.
13. A copy of these rules can be found on the Project brightFuture website [https://brightfuture.unilever.co.za/] throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Unilever Competition line on telephone number 0860222451.
14. The names of the winners, once contacted, will be published on https://www.facebook.com/UnileverZA.
15. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged or delayed entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
16. Payment of the cash prizes will be made by EFT by the Promoter’s agency, Liquorice (“the agency”), into the bank account of the confirmed School as nominated by the winner. Winners will need to provide the agency with an original letter from the School Bank on the bank’s letterhead confirming proof of their account details which letter must be stamped by the bank, before any amount will be transferred to them. The prizes are not transferrable. The agency’s print out of the bank transfer will serve as proof of receipt of the prize by the winners.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the winner. However, the winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att : Legal Department.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
19. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
20. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
21. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
22. In the event that the prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal value.
23. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant.
24. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
25. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
26. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
27. The Promoter assumes no liability whatsoever for any entry that has been omitted from participation for any reason whatsoever. The Promoter is not liable for any technical failures affecting participation in the competition.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
29. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
30. Participants agree that by registering on the Project brightFuture website, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the data or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
31. All information provided to the Promoter in respect of this promotion will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed to third parties, except in situations where:
31.1 The Promoter is legally compelled to do so; and
31.2 Disclosure is made at your request or upon your written consent.
32. Where possible, the Promoter will limit the collection of information to the minimum information required for purposes of the promotional competition and in order to deliver superior service and
advertising products to the participants in future