To provide a Learnership opportunity for 12 people from the LOCAL COMMUNITY to enrol for a National Certificate in Food and Beverage Packaging NQF level 3.
They will enter into a fixed term, one year contract, with ABI MIDRAND Manufacturing, during which they will undergo both on-the-job and theoretical learning, culminating in a National qualification.
A Learner ship is a structured learning programme that combines theoretical training and on-the-job learning in an integrated programme. The theoretical aspects of the learning are entrenched with work-based learning.
Further characteristics of a Learnership are: 1. A Learnership leads to a national qualification registered on the (NQF) National Qualification Framework. 2. The qualification is based on SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) registered unit standards.
3. The unit standards are written to reflect value adding skills required in the workplace and contains the outcomes and assessment criteria. 4. Competence is demonstrated in the workplace utilizing a variety of assessment methods and using the assessment criteria as the standard of performance.
- Be self motivated – self starters.
- Have basic problem solving ability.
- Be able to pay attention to detail.
- Have the ability to interact and work well within teams.
Output and Accountabilities
- Minimum Matric with an “E” pass (40% +) in both Mathematics (NOT Maths literacy) and Physical Sciences (NOT Life sciences).
- Completed “N” courses will be advantageous.
- Packaging experience will be advantageous.
- External applicant’s CVs not meeting these minimum requirement will not be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to undergo Literacy and Numeracy testing.The advert has minimum requirements listed.
Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing
The advert has minimum requirements listed.
Management reserves the right to use additional or relevant information as criteria for short-listing.
CLOSING DATE: 21 JULY 2015 APPLY NOW