The main purpose of this position is to design the curriculum for online short courses, as well as develop, write, proof and edit all course material to ensure that it aligns with sound pedagogy and learning design principles. Furthermore, to review course materials after each presentation. The role also requires frequent research and testing to drive innovation in the field of online education.
GetSmarter is a premier online education company that partners with prestigious universities and leading organisations to offer a variety of online courses and education solutions.
- Work with subject matter experts to design the curriculum for online courses.
- Conceptualise, research, write and develop all course content and activities to ensure that it aligns with GetSmarter’s learning design methodology.
- Liaise with all internal and external stakeholders to conceptualise and develop the various components of a course.
- Conduct training with subject matter experts on GetSmarter’s approach to learning design.
- Manage deliverable timelines with the subject matter expert and the brand partner contact.
- Proof and edit all course content written by external stakeholders.
- Review existing course content to ensure that it remains up to date and in line with the institution’s high academic standards.
- Research and test new approaches to learning design and contribute to general innovation within the department.
- Write marketing articles to promote GetSmarter’s courses and increase brand awareness.
- Collaborate with team members to refine processes and contribute to team and individual development.
- A university degree in Education, English, Linguistics, Creative Writing or Media Studies is preferred.
- Experience in copywriting and proofreading.
- Exposure to or a demonstrated interest in education.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including competence in using Mac programs and Microsoft Office (including Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Attention to detail.
- Strong lateral thinking skills.
- A high level of confidence, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Good work ethic.
Job specific competencies
- Functional expertise.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Team player.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Passion and can-do attitude.
Start date: As soon as possible
If you do not hear anything back within two weeks after applying for this position, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you are experiencing any problems with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 09 Mar 15:21