Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The Language Centre at Stellenbosch University offers a variety of academic and support services, particularly in the field of academic literacy and language development. We are looking for applications from highly motivated people to fill this position on a permanent full-time basis.
- Teaching of Language and/or Academic Literacy courses, focusing on the development of academic reading and writing skills in various academic disciplines;
- developing curricula and materials for the above-mentioned areas;
- coordinating courses, including the organisation and management of staff and students;
- liaising with faculties and departments;
- researching the teaching and learning of languages and academic literacy.
- An appropriate Master’s degree;
- a minimum of three years’ teaching experience in the Higher Education environment, specifically in academic literacy and/or language development on undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- experience in curriculum development in academic literacy;
- excellent computer skills in MS Office, the internet and e-mail;
- excellent capacity for interpersonal relationships;
- ability to complete a variety of tasks efficiently under pressure;
- ability to work independently and to take initiative;
- willingness to present related workshops and short courses.
- Proven research outputs;
- excellent communication skills in both English and Afrikaans;
- the ability to teach in both English and Afrikaans, although this position focuses on English;
- knowledge of the implementation of the institutional language policy;
- the ability to teach international students;
- interest in developing e-learning material.
Commencement of duties: July 2015 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 12 June 2015 APPLY NOW